We believe in creating blissful wedding days inspired by authenticity and heart. Whether you are a true southern bride-to-be looking to throw an epic party packed with southern hospitality – or you are a big city bride with a southern heart, there’s so much to love about wedding design in the south and the fun + meaningful trends couples are dreaming up for their most special day. From naming your signature drink after your beloved pup to tying in a nod to your alma mater, we’re excited to share six Chancey Charm approved southern wedding trends we’re currently loving. Enjoy!
-The Chancey Charm Team
- Couples who met in college and love football have a blast incorporating that southern state of mind into their wedding day. Whether it be a speciality groom’s cake or being introduced to their college football entrance song, you’ll be sure to see their alma mater throughout their big day! We’ve even seen the college mascot show up for the reception to bust a couple moves on the dance floor and take pictures with guests – or to hand out favors at the end of the night.
- Speaking of college, having a larger bridal party is also more common in the south. More often than not, every college roomie, sorority sister and friend is part of the wedding. Up in New England, our Boston wedding planner rarely sees more then six in the bridal party!
- Stations as an alternative to the traditional plated dinner or buffet is a newer wedding trend that we love. While sit down or plated dinners are the ultimate in luxury wedding design, in the south, weddings are more about comfort food, southern hospitality and mixing and mingling. Plus, it makes it fun for guests to be able to sample the different options and experience the “build your own” options like a shrimp and grits station and all your favorite fixings!
- Southerners have a unique love for their pets. Here, a horse can be a member of the family and you’ve probably had at least one family dog is named after an SEC mascot. From flower-dogs to a signature cocktail named “Mr. Whiskers,” southern brides are getting more and more creative incorporating their furry loved ones every year!
- Of course, a top trend in the south is monogram everything, from the invite to the escort card, a monogram is the signature southern stamp! Brides are getting more creative and are taking their monogram to a new level by having their stationary designer brand something that is unique to them – their own logo of sorts!
- The south is all about furniture innovation right now, FINALLY! It’s all about upgrading your standard folding chairs to premium modern, boutique, or vintage furniture rentals. Clients are adding special touches like lounge vignettes and signature pieces in lieu of the inclusive options that may already come with the venue. It brings a personal, intimate touch that will transform your ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception into a luxurious atmosphere — creating a really neat space from a design prospective as well.
Don’t forget to pin this post!