I know, I know. Social media can feel absolutely overwhelming. BUT, it doesn’t have to be!
Let’s keep it simple this time. Today on the blog, I’m sharing 6 SIMPLE steps for optimum, consistent social media growth. These are proven techniques that I’ve used over the past 7 years to grow over 14 thousand followers on our social media platforms.
Sarah Chancey / @sarahchancey
- Be personable and post a mix of personal along with business photos to build your brand.
- Quality over quantity. You do not need to post 3 times a day. A post every day or even every other day, of high quality, that matches your brand is far more valuable that posting all the time. When a prospective client visits your social media, they are generally just scrolling through, to see that you are what you say you are, an active wedding planner! Staying on point with your brand is important for the “stalkers”.
- If you’re working on a special project, announce on social media to follow you on Insta Stories to see behind the scenes snaps.
- Give or share mini-lessons/tutorials on Insta Stories or via socials to get people more involved. (i.e. florists are giving lessons on flower arrangements, planners giving a quick talk about guest seating charts, etc.) – Click here to check out one of Sarah’s wedding planning video tutorials as an example.
- Q&A’s are popular, be sure to ask your followers questions to keep them engaged.
- TAG, TAG, TAG. It’s so important to talk about other vendors in your posts. Giving credit is an easy way to do this, but you can also post about coffee with a new “friendor” or participate in Follow Friday on Twitter and share about your fellow friend.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS POST
Photos via Our Labor Of Love