Are you looking for a professional wedding planner to help make your dream wedding a reality? We’re the Chancey Charm team, we lean on our custom online planning tools to meet our brides where they are: from hometown to destination affairs, let’s make planning a stress-free process.
Lead Charlottesville Wedding Planner
Alana Futcher serves as Chancey Charm’s Charlottesville Wedding Planner and Coordinator. With 75+ completed weddings, experience under Coastal Occasions, the Reservoir in Richmond, and over two years with Chancey Charm, Alana has made a name for herself in the Charlottesville special events community. For Alana, every wedding in Charlottesville is truly a treat, transporting guests to an unforgettable romantic escape and celebration. Alana’s work has recently been featured on top wedding blogs, such as Style Me Pretty, Ruffled, Wedding Chicks, WeddingLovely, Borrowed & Blue and Tidewater and Tulle. Her expert planning advice has been featured numerous times on Brides and Bridal Guide, and she’s also listed as a trusted, preferred planner at some of Charlottesville’s top wedding venues.
Raised in Virginia, Alana is a proud graduate of Virginia Tech with a B.A. in Public Relations and Communications, which she’s used to build a strong community in the industry. She especially loves working with Amy Nicole Photography, The Proper Petal, Pearls and Paisley and Jade, Early Mountain, Clifton Inn, Pippin Hill Farm and Trump Winery. In her spare time, Alana plays a huge role in organizing charitable events at her local community’s Relay for Life, a nonprofit close to her heart. Watching football (Go Steelers and Hokies!), tackling a tough hike, and playing with her sweet pup Bentley are also high on her list.
As Seen On
BONUS: Receive access to a FREE digital copy of our new Chancey Charm Wedding Magazine, full of inspiration + our favorite tips for planning your wedding when you inquire!
month / day of coordination: $2000
full planning + design: $5,000 min
Need someone to pull together that Pinterest board full of ideas — and make it a best-wedding-day-ever reality?
- mary (mother of bride)
- Cathy (mother of the bride)
- Molly (bride)
Get To Know Alana Futcher, Your Charlottesville Wedding Planner
- Do you have any pets? Bentley + my sister’s dog, Winston (puppy aunt life is the best life)
- Do you have any favorite hobbies? Exploring new cities
- What is your favorite aspects of a wedding day (great food, great wine, live music, etc.)?Good music- nothing is better than watching guests let loose on the dance floor to some jams (Yeah! by Usher anyone?!)
- What is your favorite Sunday activity? Depends on the season! the Fall is all about football. The spring/summer are designated for adventures outside or day trips to the beach or lake! Winter is for making chili and watching a good movie
- How would you describe your personal style? A mix between Jcrew and Madewell, classic yet minimalistic and modern!
Why I Love Weddings
Weddings are one of the happiest days of a person’s life. As a little girl, you grow up dreaming about your wedding day and all the little details: the yummy food, silly dancing, fancy dresses, and everything in between! I love being able to see my client’s dreams turn into a reality. The reception is such a wonderful time, where family and friends are able to genuinely experience the love and happiness the couple has, and it is the most rewarding part of the job. It is truly a blessing to be able to share their special day with them. – Alana
Are you ready to hand off the stress of planning and connect with a professional planner that can make your dream wedding a reality?
Thank you for considering us for your wedding planning and design needs. We know you’re busy, so let’s keep this short + sweet! Please fill out the contact form below to be connected directly to our Charlottesville Chancey Charm team.
As a Bonus, receive access to a FREE digital copy of our new Chancey Charm Wedding Magazine, full of inspiration + our favorite tips for planning your wedding when you inquire!
CHARLOTTESVILLE VENUES WE’VE WORKED AT
- Early Mountain Vineyard
- The Clifton
- King Family Vineyard
- Pippin Hill
- Veritas Vineyards and Winery
- The Barn at Edgewood
- Keswick Vineyards (in 2 weeks!)
- Mount Ida (coming in a month!)
- Trump Winery (also coming in 3 weeks)
CHARLOTTESVILLE FAQ WITH ALANA
- What makes your team different from the other planners I am talking to?
We ARE a team. We are always communicating with each other to better ourselves and business for our clients. If we don’t have the answer to a question or the solution to a problem, our team is always there to help us!
- I just need day-of. Do you offer that?
Our month-of package is the same thing as our day-of package. We believe in order to serve you best, we need to become involved in the planning process earlier than just the day of the event! How will we know where you want your guest book or the names of your bridesmaids and groomsmen if we just show up the day of the wedding?
- What exactly is full-service wedding planning and design?
Our full planning and design package is created to help you throughout every step of your wedding planning process. From help selecting + negotiating with vendors to creating a custom design, we can do it all! We don’t select your vendors for you, but rather gather all of the information and present it to you and your wedding committee for you all to make the final decision.
- Can you help me with the design?
Of course! We start by creating multiple mood boards to help you select the color palette and mood that best fits your wedding. From there we create a full design board that will walk you through your wedding as your guests will see it.
- What kind of response time do you have? How do you run your day to day communication?
Fast! Email is the best way to reach our team because we can’t always answer our phones when we are in meetings etc. We typically respond within 24 hours, unless we are off-site at a wedding or enjoying the weekend with family.
- Do you charge by the hour? Will my planning fee increase later in our time working together?
No way! Our prices are all inclusive so you don’t have to worry about an invoice at the end.
- Do you work with destination clients?
WE LOVE THEM!
- Where do you plan weddings? Do you have some local venues you love?
Charlottesville, Richmond + Washington DC. Pretty much all of Virginia! Some of our favorites are Early Mountain Vineyard, the Clifton, the Willard + John Marshall Ballrooms.