We’re the Chancey Charm team, we lean on cloud-based planning and our custom online planning tool to meet our brides where they are: from hometown to destination affairs, let’s make planning a stress-free process.
With five years under the Chancey Charm brand and 65+ weddings completed, Skylar Caitlin serves clients as Chancey Charm’s Houston Wedding Planner and Coordinator, creating meaningful wedding planning experiences for both destination and local couples. Her elegant style and love for crafting weddings that reflect her couples’ story, make her designs timeless and one-of-a-kind. Originally from Alabama, she earned a degree in Hospitality Management from Auburn University (War Eagle!). While in college, she discovered her passion for wedding and event planning through her internship with Chancey Charm. (Event planning runs in her blood as her ‘Gigi’ owned a corporate event planning company for years before Skylar was born!) Along the way, Skylar picked up experience in floral design and venue coordination. Skylar is especially talented in the design process and enjoys creating custom sketches for her client’s wedding designs. Click here to view Skylar’s design process.
A few of Skylar’s favorite venues in Houston are Station 3, Houston Oaks, and Hughes Manor. She also loves the work of Flora & Fauna, Nib and Pixel, House of Hough, and Smith House Photography. Recently, her garden-inspired design work, at The Ma Maison, has been featured in Grey Likes Weddings. When Skylar isn’t planning and designing, she can be found watching college football with her husband Matt or sweating it out at Salt Power Yoga.
As Seen On
BONUS: Receive access to a FREE digital copy of our new Chancey Charm Wedding Magazine, full of inspiration + our favorite tips for planning your wedding when you inquire!
Chancey Charm Weddings
2450 Louisiana Street Suite 400, #435
Houston, TX 77006
month/day of coordination: $1500
full planning & design: $4,500 min
- Trudy (mother of the bride) // Davy Whitener Photography
- HOLLY THORNTON (MOTHER OF THE BRIDE) / Courtney Leigh Photography
- Paloma (bride) // Dana Fernandez Photography
- Cinda Forrester (mother of the groom) // Katy Cox Photography
- Ashley, Bride // Christa Kimble Photography
- Tricia Lamarca (mother of the bride)
- Brittany, Bride // Kati Hewitt Photography
- Alli (Bride) // Angela Sostarich Photography
- Jacquelyn Monk (bride) // Katy Cox Photography
- Mary Bailey (Floral Designer / Bramble & Bee)
I love connection. I love when I see guests interacting, with their table, with the couple, with the families. The community of a wedding is a very palpable reminder that not only are we not alone in this world, but we are loved and cherished more than we usually remember. It makes we well up a little – okay, a lot – when I’m at a wedding and I look out into the room at all the people there to celebrate the couple and think about how much love is flowing in immeasurable ways through the venue. Creating an atmosphere that cultivates and magnifies this outpouring makes me feel – as cheesy as it is – that I’m making a difference in humanity. – Skylar
Get To Know Skylar Caitlin, Your Houston Wedding Planner
- Do you have any favorite hobbies? Yoga, (does drinking wine count?)
- What is your favorite aspects of a wedding day (great food, great wine, live music, etc.)? As a guest, I love getting down on the dance floor with friends. When I’m coordinating, you can probably spot me dancing to my favorite songs in the corner while making sure the couple is having a blast!
- What is your favorite part about their city/where you live? Houston’s vibrant diversity is incredible. It makes for some really good conversations and – of course – great food!
- What is your favorite Sunday activity? Strangely enough, I really love going grocery shopping with Matt. It’s a signal that the new week has begun and we get to take some time dedicated together to plan for the week ahead.
- What is your favorite book or magazine? Some of my favorite authors are Shauna Neiquist, Jane Austen, and Robin Jones Gunn. Favorite Magazine: Southern Weddings!
- How would you describe your personal style? I’d call my style “effortless elegance”. Organic, timeless, and personal are words that make my design senses all tingly! While usually, the term understated gets tossed around with this style, I do still love a statement piece. It’s all about making it look gorgeous without showing how much muscle when into making it look that way.
Thank you for considering us for your wedding planning and design needs. We know you’re busy, so let’s keep this short + sweet! Please fill out the contact form below to be connected directly to our Houston Chancey Charm team.
As a Bonus, receive access to a FREE digital copy of our new Chancey Charm Wedding Magazine, full of inspiration + our favorite tips for planning your wedding when you inquire!
VENUES WE’VE WORKED AT IN HOUSTON
- The Clubs at Houston Oaks
- Hughes Manor
- The Grove
- The Dunlavy
- Station 3
- The Farmhouse
- The Woodlands Country Club
- Balmorhea Events
- The Petroleum Club
- The Parador
- St. Regis Houston
Smith House Photography, Davy Whitener Photography, Kati Hewitt Photography & Courtney Leigh