Are you looking for a professional wedding planner to help make your dream wedding a reality? We’re the Chancey Charm team, we lean on our custom online planning tools to meet our brides where they are: from hometown to destination affairs, let’s make planning a stress-free process.
Lead Houston Wedding Planner
With five years under the Chancey Charm brand and 65+ weddings completed, Skylar Caitlin serves clients as Chancey Charm’s Houston Wedding Planner and Coordinator, creating meaningful wedding planning experiences for both destination and local couples. Her elegant style and love for crafting weddings that reflect her couples’ story, make her designs timeless and one-of-a-kind. Originally from Alabama, she earned a degree in Hospitality Management from Auburn University (War Eagle!). While in college, she discovered her passion for wedding and event planning through her internship with Chancey Charm. (Event planning runs in her blood as her ‘Gigi’ owned a corporate event planning company for years before Skylar was born!) Along the way, Skylar picked up experience in floral design and venue coordination. Skylar is especially talented in the design process and enjoys creating custom sketches for her client’s wedding designs. Click here to view Skylar’s design process.
A few of Skylar’s favorite venues in Houston are Station 3, Houston Oaks, and Hughes Manor. She also loves the work of Flora & Fauna, Nib and Pixel, House of Hough, and Smith House Photography. Recently, her garden-inspired design work, at The Ma Maison, has been featured in Grey Likes Weddings. When Skylar isn’t planning and designing, she can be found watching college football with her husband Matt or sweating it out at Salt Power Yoga.
As Seen On
BONUS: Receive access to a FREE digital copy of our new Chancey Charm Wedding Magazine, full of inspiration + our favorite tips for planning your wedding when you inquire!
Chancey Charm Weddings
2450 Louisiana Street Suite 400, #435
Houston, TX 77006
month/day of coordination: $1,700
full planning & design: $4,500 min
Need someone to pull together that Pinterest board full of ideas — and make it a best-wedding-day-ever reality?
- Trudy (mother of the bride) // Davy Whitener Photography
- HOLLY THORNTON (MOTHER OF THE BRIDE) / Courtney Leigh Photography
- Paloma (bride) // Dana Fernandez Photography
- Cinda Forrester (mother of the groom) // Katy Cox Photography
- Ashley, Bride // Christa Kimble Photography
- Tricia Lamarca (mother of the bride)
- Brittany, Bride // Kati Hewitt Photography
- Alli (Bride) // Angela Sostarich Photography
- Jacquelyn Monk (bride) // Katy Cox Photography
- Mary Bailey (Floral Designer / Bramble & Bee)
Are you ready to hand off the stress of planning and connect with a professional planner that can make your dream wedding a reality?
Get To Know Skylar Caitlin, Your Houston Wedding Planner
- Do you have any favorite hobbies? Yoga, (does drinking wine count?)
- What is your favorite aspects of a wedding day (great food, great wine, live music, etc.)? As a guest, I love getting down on the dance floor with friends. When I’m coordinating, you can probably spot me dancing to my favorite songs in the corner while making sure the couple is having a blast!
- What is your favorite part about their city/where you live? Houston’s vibrant diversity is incredible. It makes for some really good conversations and – of course – great food!
- What is your favorite Sunday activity? Strangely enough, I really love going grocery shopping with Matt. It’s a signal that the new week has begun and we get to take some time dedicated together to plan for the week ahead.
- What is your favorite book or magazine? Some of my favorite authors are Shauna Neiquist, Jane Austen, and Robin Jones Gunn. Favorite Magazine: Southern Weddings!
- How would you describe your personal style? I’d call my style “effortless elegance”. Organic, timeless, and personal are words that make my design senses all tingly! While usually, the term understated gets tossed around with this style, I do still love a statement piece. It’s all about making it look gorgeous without showing how much muscle when into making it look that way.
Why I Love Weddings
I love connection. I love when I see guests interacting, with their table, with the couple, with the families. The community of a wedding is a very palpable reminder that not only are we not alone in this world, but we are loved and cherished more than we usually remember. It makes we well up a little – okay, a lot – when I’m at a wedding and I look out into the room at all the people there to celebrate the couple and think about how much love is flowing in immeasurable ways through the venue. Creating an atmosphere that cultivates and magnifies this outpouring makes me feel – as cheesy as it is – that I’m making a difference in humanity. – Skylar
Thank you for considering us for your wedding planning and design needs. We know you’re busy, so let’s keep this short + sweet! Please fill out the contact form below to be connected directly to our Houston Chancey Charm team.
As a Bonus, receive access to a FREE digital copy of our new Chancey Charm Wedding Magazine, full of inspiration + our favorite tips for planning your wedding when you inquire!
VENUES WE’VE WORKED AT IN HOUSTON
- The Clubs at Houston Oaks
- Hughes Manor
- The Grove
- The Dunlavy
- Station 3
- The Farmhouse
- The Woodlands Country Club
- Balmorhea Events
- The Petroleum Club
- The Parador
- St. Regis Houston
- What makes your team different from the other planners I am talking to?
Each of us had a local support team and a national support team behind us on each wedding. Day-of, we show up with a team whose size is determined based on your guest count and needs. Nationally, our team has access to multiple mentors and a team of planners that span across the country to help with sourcing and problem-solving.
Our online planning program is curated by out experienced planning team and customized to your individual needs and timeline. This allows you to truly stay on top of your to-do list and stay organized throughout the process. It also allows us to chart with you at your pace, stay connected, and effectively communicate all the details of the big day.
Our design boards and sketching process make our planning and design services exceptional. We know that almost every bride is anxious about the way her big day will come together. From the linens to the florals, our online design boards will bring your vision to life. Each design is customized to match your vision and is updated throughout the process, allowing us to send it to aesthetic vendors to ensure that they are on the same page and everything is in line for the wedding day.
- I just need day-of. Do you offer that?
We have found that after all the work you’ve put into your wedding, someone who just shows up on your wedding day after maybe one meeting and very little communication with your vendor team cannot provide you the wedding day you deserve. Therefore, our team offers a Month-Of Coordination package which is a bit more extensive than the standard wedding coordination package most planners offer because we’re devoted to an exceptional client and guest experience. We work with you to provide weekly support in the last two months of planning, to tie-up all the details and direct a stress-free wedding day.
- What exactly is full-service wedding planning and design?
Our team specialized in Full-Service Wedding Planning and Design, providing our clients with comprehensive guidance and expertise, with an emphasis on custom details and a seamless guest experience. We will assist you with all vendor selections, serve as the main contact for vendors, and keep you on track with the planning process. Our designers provide input on aesthetic decisions and guide you towards a cohesive vision.
- Can you help me with the design?
Absolutely! Our custom design experience is an integral element to our Full-Service package and offers creative direction and inspiration throughout the wedding planning process.
If you’re looking for a design-only option, ask us about how you can work with a planner to develop detailed wedding design boards that capture your vision and allow you to clearly communicate expectations of every detail with your vendors.
- What kind of response time do you have? How do you run your day to day communication?
Our team is comprised of professionals responding to emails in a timely manner during business hours, but we are frequently on-site with events and in meetings with our couples.
We aim to answer all emails within 48-hours Monday – Thursday.
For phone calls we request that you schedule a call 48-hours in advance to ensure we’ll be in the office and available.
- Do you charge by the hour? Will my planning fee increase later in our time working together?
We believe that communication is a key part of our success. Rather than charging based on a set number of emails, hours, or meetings, we give one flat up-front fee which never increases later in the process. We are dedicated to making your event a success from start to finish.
- Do you work with destination clients?
Yes, and we love it! All of our planners use a custom, online planning system to ensure all the details are covered, which also allows our clients to watch the progress of their event. This online planning system makes planning an event with a client easy, especially when it is a destination location.
- What does pricing start at?
Month-Of Coordination begins at $1,700. Full-Service Planning & Design begins at $4,500.
Pricing varies by services included in your package, guest count, time of year, and your unique wedding needs. Contact us for a personalized quote or to build a custom package.
- Where do you plan weddings? Do you have some local venues you love?
We are happy to plan destination affairs wherever our clients are dreaming of. Locally in Houston, we love The Clubs of Houston Oaks, Hughes Manor, The Grove, The Dunlavy, Station 3, The Farmhouse, The Woodlands Country Club and so many more!!
FIND US ON GOOGLE
Smith House Photography, Davy Whitener Photography, Kati Hewitt Photography & Courtney Leigh