After your special day, your wedding photos and video will help you and your family members relive your nuptials and celebration for years to come. And it’s not uncommon that certain wedding shots are forgotten in the whirlwind of your wedding day. Because of this, it’s important to select your wedding photographer and videographer wisely – and have a conversation with them about what the most important moments are (and who the most important people are) that you want to be captured. The Chancey Charm Wedding Planning team is sharing some of our favorite must-have wedding photos to add to your list when you discuss this with your vendor team. Enjoy!
-The Chancey Charm Team
Photographer: Anna Schackleford
- The parent first look. We love the moment when a dad sees the bride for the first time in her wedding dress. But, sometimes it happens so fast, it’s not documented! If this is important to you, ensure you figure it into your timeline and let your photographer know you’d like it captured.
- Individual pictures with your siblings. How often do you get to snap a professional photo with your sister or brother? These will be cherished for years to come – and also make for great gifts to your parents.
- Pictures of and with your grandparents. Taking a few photos with the elders in your family is an absolute MUST. Make sure you get that shot with your grandma and grandpa. You’ll be sad if you don’t! Also, ask your photographer and/or videographer to capture some moments of them throughout the day, whether intermingling with other family members, dancing or just a couple great pictures of them as a couple.
- Don’t forget the kids. Nieces, nephews and flower girls or ring bearers – ensure you snap a few pictures with the little ones at your wedding. These will be great to have for kids (and their parents) in your family to look back on, especially if they’re so young that they might not remember attending your wedding. Plus, it will be fun to see how much they’ve grown while looking back!
- Sorority sisters. If you were in a sorority, having a picture with all of your sorority sisters is always a special keepsake! Plus, if your sorority has a special ritual they do on a girl’s wedding day, make sure the photographer captures the moment.
- And other college friends. If you and your husband met in college, getting a group shot of you two with your fellow alumni is also really fun. You can all pose in a certain way or even have the mascot come for a surprise guest appearance.
- Shots of your guests. Always have your photographer get photos with other guests besides immediate family and the bridal party. Those people came to be a part of your big day and you’ll want photos to remember who was there to share it with you!
- Candid moments. Trust us, you’ll love these. With so many beautiful, yet posed or planned photos, it’s always fun to have the shots of the sweet candid moments that occur naturally or behind the scenes on your wedding day.
- Thank you card photo: Are you planning on getting a shot with a thank you sign? Don’t forget to give your planner or photographer the props and figure this into your timeline so you’ll have that photo for your thank you notes!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS POST FOR LATER!