When it comes to drawing wedding inspiration from our clients’ unique styles, personalities and love stories, some fun places to turn to are interior design magazines and inspiration from your own home decor. Did you know we have a special love for interiors? Our planning style stems from interior design major studies melded with tech-focused online design boards. And a trend we’re currently loving in interior design that’s perfect for luxury weddings – marble wedding details. We’ve all fallen in love with those white kitchen designs with dreamy neutral marble details and fun accents to add just the right touch of personality. Marble wedding details are now making their way into our luxury wedding designs and we’re swooning over the prettiness. Today on the blog, the team is sharing tips on how to pull off marble wedding details. Cheers!
-The Chancey Charm Team
Photo: Jac and Thom, Planning + Design: Katie Werkin of Chancey Charm NYC
How To Pull Off Marble Wedding Details
- Think outside the stone! Although marble is very popular in both home and wedding design, there are so many ways to emulate the gorgeous veining we all love so much in other mediums. For a modern wedding aesthetic, use your invitation suite to feature a marble texture on luxurious paper paired with simple lines and metallic accents. This helps tie in the look before your guests even arrive to your wedding.
- Speaking of paper goods, a simple way to incorporate marble in your wedding design is through your escort cards. This ensures that every guest will see how marble is featured in your big day!
- For the tablescape, a marble wine chiller on each table adds a beautiful touch, or using a marble platter or charcuterie board as the base for the center piece. For that extra wow factor, accentuate with faux marble charger plates for each place setting or marble votive holders.
- Talk to your cake baker about marbling a tier of cake fondant with one of your wedding palette colors – don’t feel stuck with white and gray!
- And for your cake table, consider a tiered marble cake stand, or a more simple stand atop a sideboard table with a marble top.
- For a lounge seating area, choose some side tables with marble details or marble tops.
- If you’ve got a bold groom, then think about incorporating the marble pattern into his tie or pocket square for a truly unique look.
- Your favors are another subtle way to incorporate the modern design! Think marble coasters or even marble patterned bags or stickers that your favors may go in!
- Incorporate the color or pattern into your bridesmaids dresses, having shades of black and grey or the print itself! The same with the groomsmen’s attire – ties, socks, cuff links, etc.
- If you want to really want marble to have a ‘wow’ impact at your wedding, consider using a marbled paper backdrop either as for your photobooth or – if you really want to take it up a notch – as a statement piece behind you during your vows.