We’re so excited to start a new blog series where we will be introducing the amazing + sweet ladies behind each of our location’s wedding planning teams! If you missed Alana Futcher’s Associate Planner Spotlight, you can find it here. Alana heads up Chancey Charm Richmond, Charlottesville and Washington, DC with the help of the below wedding coordinators that we can’t wait to introduce you to. Cheers friends!
-The Chancey Charm Team
Meet The Virginia Wedding Planning Team
- Do you have any pets? I have a rescue dog named Waldo (he is a jack russell terrier mix with the largest ears).
- Do you have any favorite hobbies? I find I don’t have a lot of time for hobbies these days keeping up with a toddler and a baby on the way, however, I used to draw and paint prior to keeping up with a toddler. I also love taking pictures.
- What is your favorite aspects of a wedding day (great food, great wine, live music, etc.)? My favorite part is seeing the groom’s reaction when the bride walks down the aisle or during a first look – that reaction says it all! I also enjoy when the band or DJ can get all the guest up and dancing. Seeing everyone having fun on the dance floor is really rewarding.
- What is your favorite part about their city/where you live? I love being equal distance to the mountains and the beach. Also, being close to family and always being able to find something to do.
- What is your favorite Sunday activity? Spending time with family! My daughter loves being outdoors. Typically in the summer, we like to be out on the lake when possible.
- What is your favorite book or magazine? It has been a while since I’ve had the time to read. However, I have read most of Nicholas Sparks’ books. That being said, my favorite book of his was Dear John. The last magazine I’ve read was either The Knot, Brides, or Southern Living (though it has been a while). I love getting inspiration based on the different seasons.
- How would you describe your personal style? I’m drawn to classic, timeless and modern styles.
- What’s your favorite color palette or flower when designing weddings? I’m not afraid to use color. I am personally drawn to blue color palettes (I love the beach and the lake). Therefore, I find whether it is a deep blue, bright blue or a pale blue, I always am drawn to blue. Flowers? I love the use of peonies, roses and greenery. However, I find designing weddings are more about the inspiration of the couple. I love when a couple wants to incorporate a meaningful element throughout the wedding.
Lauren Stearns, Chancey Charm Washington, DC Wedding Planning Team + Virginia Wedding Planning Team (pictured above left)
- Do you have any pets? I have a bernedoodle puppy named Leia. I try to take her everywhere and sometimes I forget she isn’t a human.
- Do you have any favorite hobbies? I love having friends over for game nights or BBQs. My fiance and I also love being outdoors. On evenings or a free weekend, we love to go on a hike or play tennis outside.
- What is your favorite aspects of a wedding day (great food, great wine, live music, etc.)? My favorite part of a wedding day is the cocktail hour because the guests’ energy and sunlight are amazing at this time in the day. I also love listening to the toasts because I believe it’s a great part of the event to remind everyone what the day is really about – love!
- What is your favorite part about their city/where you live? I am not originally from Virginia, but I have fallen in love with the mountain views out in Loudoun county. I also enjoy meeting friends at the several wineries and breweries in the area.
- What is your favorite Sunday activity? My favorite Sunday activity would be a morning hike with my fiance and dog then tacos for lunch!
- What is your favorite book or magazine? Recently, I enjoyed reading the book Love Your Life Not Theirs by Rachel Cruze and I will splurge on HGTV magazines whenever I’m traveling.
- How would you describe your personal style? Despite having a graphic design degree and learning all about color theory, I find myself sticking to comfy neutrals! I love dainty gold necklaces or cognac colored leather accessories.
- What’s your favorite color palette or flower when designing weddings? I love eucalyptus leaves, white roses, and pops of color depending on the season. I will always love any shade of purple since I “bleed purple” from attending JMU – GO DUKES!
Lisa Min, Chancey Charm Washington, DC + Virginia Wedding Planning Team (pictured above right)
- Do you have any pets? No, but I wish!
- Do you have any favorite hobbies? Playing board games, antiquing and beer/wine tours.
- What is your favorite aspects of a wedding day (great food, great wine, live music, etc.)? Live music and great ambiance!
- What is your favorite part about their city/where you live? My favorite part about Richmond is The James River.
- What is your favorite Sunday activity? Movie marathons!
- What is your favorite book or magazine? The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- How would you describe your personal style? Relaxed, easy going and adventurous.
- What’s your favorite color palette or flower when designing weddings? My favorite color palette: merlot, peach + sage and/ or sage, gold + ivory. My favorite flowers are hydrangeas and gardenias.