Snowy backdrops, long-sleeve wedding dresses, cozy fireplaces, all the holiday feels! Winter weddings are undoubtedly beautiful! But, it’s important to consider the comfort of your guests at your winter wedding. Chancey Charm’s Wedding Planners are here to share six winter wedding tips. Plus, ideas to keep guests warm! From how to incorporate a fire pit into your lounge seating area to warming hors d’oeuvres and cocktails + more. Enjoy!
-The Chancey Charm Team
6 Winter Wedding Tips & Ideas To Keep Guests Warm
- Set guest expectations early on. To make sure your guests stay warm, be sure to provide enough information about your winter wedding before the wedding day. So, if any part of your wedding day is outdoors, provide solutions on your wedding website and via word-of-mouth. Once guests arrive at your winter wedding, they shouldn’t feel inconvenienced by the weather. Be sure to provide a coat rack, plenty of blankets and even invest in some portable heaters. -Liz Ise, Chancey Charm Dallas Wedding Planner
- Bourbon tasting anyone? A whiskey or bourbon tasting station is always a favorite way to offer something fun for your male guests. It’s the perfect way for them to warm up and feel appreciated knowing you thought of something just for them! But, you might want to consider limiting it to cocktail hour, rather than having it open during the entire reception, especially if guests have to drive a distance home. -Jyl Deering, Chancey Charm Boston Wedding Planner
- Serve warming hors d’oeuvres. Planning a Cape Cod wedding? Serve clam chowder during cocktail hour to keep people warm during the mingling time. Or, serve soup shooters with mini grilled cheese sandwiches. They’re easy to enjoy and will warm guests’ bellies.
- Choose a hot dessert over cake. Whether you choose to forgo a wedding cake, or supplement with a hot dessert option, offering your guests something toasty is a fun touch for your winter wedding. Some of our favorite ideas include warm bread pudding or hot streusel. Or, even something guests can grab and go like churros and a warm caramel or chocolate sauce. -Lauren Groeper, Chancey Charm Denver Wedding Planner
- Add a fire pit into your lounge seating area. Does your venue have a fire place? This is the perfect spot to position your lounge seating area. If your reception is outdoors, inquire if you are allowed to have a fire pit brought in. A fire creates a cozy ambiance. And, it allows for a s’mores bar – a hit for guests who would rather sit and mingle than dance! –Skylar Caitlin, Chancey Charm Houston Wedding Planner
Use your wedding favors to keep guests warm. Finally, Liz adds, use your wedding favors as a way to keep your friends and family toasty warm on your big day. Guests would love homemade hand warmers! Tip: Ask your caterer if they can warm them up ahead of time in their warmers.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS POST!